Outdoor walking at Sheldon - summer 2020
Please note: arrangements may be changed or cancelled at short notice. We will refund any bookings we are not able to honour.
- Advance booking is essential so we can manage numbers.
- Available 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday (not weekends or evenings).
- Single day visit: £10 per person
- One month pass: £40 per person (starts from the date of your first visit)
Things to bear in mind when choosing to book
- This is an outdoor visit with nowhere available for shelter. If the forecast is wet then bring suitable clothing and be prepared to make a dash to your car!
- There are plenty of well-maintained public footpaths immediately around Sheldon and you can easily go for a longer walk, incorporating a part of Sheldon. Please refer to an OS map
- You are welcome to bring a picnic.
- Sorry but you cannot bring your dog
- We do have toilet facilities available for your use
- If you have not been to Sheldon before these directions will be helpful.
- Free parking is provided
How it works
- Use the links to pay for your one day or one month pass
- You will receive an automated e mail showing your payment has been received but will also receive a confirmation e mail with details of your booking
- On the day of your visit, notify us that you will be coming on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Print the following items on the day of each visit (details may be updated)
- The carparking pass sent with your confirmation email
- This webpage (the one you're reading) for reference
- Map of the site
When you arrive
- Your visit is self supervised and there is no need to register when you arrive - we will know from your e mail that you are coming.
- Fill in the parking sheet and leave on your dashboard.
- Reception is closed. If you need to contact us for any reason ring 01647-252752.
Where to go
- Please refer to the map you printed to enjoy the paths around fields and woodlands.
- There are benches to rest, picnic, enjoy the view.
- Please respect the areas marked 'Linhay' or 'Community Only'.
- Please be sensitive to Community and any guests on private retreat and avoid chairs/benches on patios near the buildings.
Some places to pray - one person/household at a time
- The medieval Chapel may be open - check signage on the door
- The outdoor labyrinth is beyond the Long Barn
- Please take all rubbish home with you.
- Toilets are available at the end of the Pound House - see large notice above the door near carpark
- Drinking water is available from the tap at the end of the Long Barn nearest to the Labyrinth (see map)
Enjoy your visit!