If a booking is cancelled ...
Last updated 25th November 2020 to reflect the management of uncertainties around Coronavirus
Cancellation (bookings for individuals)
This is how we are managing and sharing risks around Coronavirus cancellations now that we have some understanding of the levels of uncertainty for all of us.
Deposits - £20
- Bookings are secured with a small deposit of £20 that is not refundable whether for Coronavirus or other reasons. This applies whether the booking or event is cancelled by Sheldon or by you.
- The balance is due 2 weeks before arrival.
- If you cancel more than 2 weeks in advance, there will be no balance due.
- Please make a diary note to pay the balance in full 2 weeks before your arrival
- If circumstances reasonably related to Coronavirus necessitate cancelling by either you or us in the final 2 weeks, we suggest a starting point of sharing the pain on a 50:50 basis. We will be open to be guided by need and circumstance.
- Please continue to take out suitable travel insurance for 'normal' risks such as injury or bereavement - this will protect both you and Sheldon from financial embarrassment in the face of the genuinely unexpected (anything to do with Covid is no longer unexpected).
- You may already have cover under a policy such as a multi-trip travel insurance or included with your home insurance or banking.
- One place you can buy cancellation insurance from is Rothwell & Towler (Under Policy Type choose Guest First UK Holiday Cancellation Cover)
If you cannot obtain suitable insurance for health reasons, please discuss this with us.
Cancellation (bookings for groups)
We are currently updating our booking agreements for groups in the light of Coronavirus. If you have a provisional booking, please talk to us.