Sheldon and Coronavirus : FAQs re Covid-19
Last updated 16th January
We have cancelled all bookings until the end of February. Bookings for March will be reviewed at the end of January.
Some new events have been added to our programme for after Easter and there will be more to follow in due course.
Subscribe to our blog for news and updates
These are relatively straightforward for us to offer and we look forward to welcoming you as soon as you are able to come. The minimum stay length is 3 nights for Hen Runs and Pig Pens and 5 nights for Linhay Lodges. We are not guaranteeing any category of accommodation so only book a Lodge if you are willing to take a Hen Run or Pig Pen instead.
- With 2m distancing we can provide meeting and meals for groups of up to 10 people (a few more if it includes couples who can be closer together)
- Our revised summer and autumn listings are here.
- If in doubt, we will consult on each event 2 weeks in advance to check there are enough people sufficiently confident to travel. As at 1/9/20 all events are looking to be viable.
- Details of how we manage shared meals
Cell groups, etc
Until the larger group bookings return we have space that can work really well for small groups. Each of the three options comprises 4 or 5 bedrooms with its own large meeting room and kitchen. You could book one of these as a socially distanced cell group or an extended household bubble for example.
We have updated our arrangements for cancellations in the light of the uncertainties we all now have to manage. We want you to have the confidence to make a booking while having a reasonable framework for flexibility where needed.
Keeping Sheldon as safe as possible for those most at risk ...
Many of our guests are over 60, have underlying health problems or live with someone who is vulnerable. Their safety depends on all the less vulnerable guests being willing to take the additional precautions too - thank you!
On arrival there will be a welcome pack in your room with everything you need to know to help your stay go well.
- 2m distancing at least until at least the end of 2020 (review in January for February 2021 onwards)
- Facemask for everyone in reception, chapel and indoor meetings, queuing for meals/bar and any other shared indoor spaces (you can buy ours when you're here or bring your own with you)
Food and drink
- The Dining Room in the Pound House has a ventilator/extractor fan which is on at all times
- Sliding doors along the length of the room also ajar (when cold) or open (when hot) for air circulation
- Portable UVC-sanitiser unit
- Full details of serving meals here
- You will be given an email address and dedicated telephone number for contacting us during your stay to reduce the need to come to reception in person
- One guest/household at a time, and 'overflow' space in adjacent room if needed
- Numbers limited, service books provided for the duration of your stay and sign up in advance for a space
- Everyone except the leader wears a facemask
- We never sing anyway ...
Indoor group meetings
- Seats spaced out for 2m distancing - please use the same seat each time
- Everyone wears a facemask (but optional for the leader in consultation with the group)
- Excellent natural ventilation in the main meeting room, plus UVC air sanitiser (sorry, it is a little bit louder than ideal)
- Held in the largest and best-ventilated room available at the time - we may want to have a door/window open so wear enough to be warm
- Presumption of wearing masks, but can be dispensed with if both parties agree
Shared spaces (Chapel, Library, Art Shed, Guest kitchens)
- Responsible routine hand wash/gel by everyone
- Limit numbers according to signage to maintain distance
In case of illness
We have divided our community into 3 separate households so that if one has to self-isolate there are still enough people to run Sheldon
Please do not travel if you are unwell or self-isolating. If you become unwell during your stay please stay in your room and telephone us for instruction. If you are well enough to drive home we will refund 50% of the balance of your stay.